DEPOSITS AND PAYMENTS
1. Payments of courses and payments of deposits are non refundable.
2. To secure the booking 50% deposit or full payment has to be paid.
3. With the deposit option the outstanding balance needs to be paid 7 days before the course. Failing to complete your payment may result in losing the deposit and your booking might be cancelled.
4. Should a student fail to attend first day registration or fail to complete the duration of the course enrolled upon strictly no refund or alternate course date will be issued unless a legitimate reason is supplied and the course director deems a re-booking is viable.
5. The course curriculum as outlined upon our website clearly states an overview of the proposed course taught and enrolment upon all Sid Sottung Academy courses legislates full acceptance, understanding of the curriculum taught and in agreement to attend class daily and comply with our academy’s full Terms and Conditions.
6. All reservations without payments or deposit are strictly valid for 3 working business days pending cheque / bank transfer payment. Should payment not be received by Sid Sottung Academy within this statutory time frame nor the school contacted then the students reservation is automatically cancelled and the seat given to the next student on our waiting list.
As we are a highly popular and busy school we endeavor to operate a fair and professional system for all our students, therefore we cannot hold student bookings without payment once the regulatory time frame has passed.
7. Course dates are not changeable. If you need rescheduling fees will apply. Fees are £50 when changed 8+ days before, £100 when changed 7 days or less before the course. This fee will have to be paid on the day of cancellation to secure the deposit for the next scheduled booking. Rescheduling will have to be done within 6 months from previous booking.
8. Sid Sottung Academy reserves the right to re-arrange or cancel scheduled course dates in the rare event of unforeseen circumstances. If this happens you will be given as much notice as feasible under the circumstances in question.
Please ensure that you provide accurate contact numbers and email addresses when enrolling in order for us to be able to successfully contact you in the event of such event. Students will be entitled to a complimentary re-booking to an alternative course date in this instance (within a three month time-frame) and strictly no refunds will be authorized.
Additionally in the event of company restructuring and the training center address changing, we reserve the right to relocate and move address accordingly. All students will be notified immediately and given notice no less than within one month of their scheduled course start date.
9. In the rare unforeseen event of severe tutor sickness during any given session, class will be dismissed for the day and any tutorial hours missed will be provided via extra hours scheduled throughout the week to ensure full tuition is received by course completion.
10. All students whom enrol on Sid Sottung Academy courses must be strictly aged 16 or above. A student may be asked to produce legal ID / Proof of age upon registration to their tutor and therefore all students are required to be able to provide such if requested. It is the sole responsibility of all students to ensure they have such documents, failure to do so will result in non enrolment and strictly no refund made.
11. All students must have a fully proficient understanding of both written and spoken English. Should you require to bring an interpreter to your course then arrangement of such is the sole responsibility of the student and Sid Sottung Academy must be informed of such at the point of booking. All interpreters must strictly not in any way undertake any practical work on behalf of the student.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
12. All students must notify the academy of any illnesses, allergies, medical conditions or disabilities held at the point of booking prior to starting the course.
13. The Sid Sottung Academy does not accept any responsibility or liability for loss, theft or damage of students personal belongings.
14. Students whom cause any damage to the academy premises or academy equipment will be liable and charged accordingly.
15. All students must be dressed suitably for educational salon work. We recommend a smart casual dress code, with comfortable shoes (not open toed) and no excessive jewelery that may interfere with the provision of safe hairdressing / client services.
16. The Sid Sottung Academy, as in line with all professional educational institutions and universities, cannot guarantee our students employment on completion of our courses.
RECORDINGS AND PRIVACY
17. Digital cameras are permitted should students wish to take photographs of their work, however any audio / sound / video recording equipment is strictly prohibited unless cleared with the tutor. If a student is found to be utilising any of the above illegally the Sid Sottung Academy reserves the right to expel the student immediately without a refund or course certification.
18. For the purposes of education and marketing, our in house photographer may periodically take pictures throughout the year of a class in session if required by our academy. Enrolment on all Sid Sottung Academy courses legislates full acceptance to our photographer taking photographs in the event of such taking place in addition to the agreement and acceptance that all pictures taken can be uploaded onto our website if chosen by our marketing team.
19. Any information you provide us when enrolling with Sid Sottung Academy is covered under this policy and all information will be respected and not passed on to any other parties without expressed consent from the student. We highly value our students security, therefore we duly and diligently safeguard and protect the privacy and confidentiality of your personal details. We do not store any personal contact data or financial details such as credit / debit card information once our student has enrolled and payment is made. Students can either request an online credit/debit card secure payment link to pay online themselves via our secure third party payment processor Paypal or our dedicated course admissions team can process secure payment directly via telephone. Upon enrolment you will be asked to provide your contact information including email address, mailing address and telephone number in order for us to process your reservation. If you wish to pay using a credit / debit card via telephone we will also need to know your billing address, credit card number and expiry date as standard. Please note you will be transferred to a third party secure service provider’s website in order to submit this information if preferring to pay online. We will only disclose any information, being primarily the registered student name, in our sole discretion, to comply with any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request. We may also refer a students name in question or the name of the person whom paid on the behalf of the student to any legal / government body or like companies in the event of fraud for credit fraud protection and risk reduction.